Skip to main content

Vineyards of Thailand


Thailand's wine-making industry has come a long way.... Vineyards across three distinguished wine-making regions now produce quality wine. CNN GO



These vineyards are found in Khao Yai, the South of Bangkok, and Northeast Thailand. Wine tours are available. In Hua Hin Hills visitors can tour vineyards in a way you  normally can't in Burgundy or Tuscany: riding on an elephant. 



En route to the sunflower fields in Saraburi, we passed by this vineyard and made a quick stop. We didn't expect to see such a charming spot of the Thai countryside, but we're glad we did.  I call this our tour serendipity.


ABC Wednesday

Comments

  1. I don't immediately think of Thailand and vineyards together.
    Fascinating and great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither do I. This was a charming surprise to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thai wine - who'da thunk it?

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first time to learn Thailand with vineyard but even in the Philippines we have vineyards too. So it is possible ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who’da indeed. Should probably try Monsoon Valley these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never think of vineyards in Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i didn't know Thailand has vineyards! amazing!
    i haven't seen any Thai wine in the market here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful that Thailand is venturing into the viticulture industry! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, exploring vineyards on elephants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I just love it when someone spots something interesting. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Thailand view.

    Eye View
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great V post. Visiting from ABC WED♫

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful shots of a beautiful place. Carver, ABC-Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stunning photos look like they came right out of a picture book. I am not a wine connoisseur at all, so it didn't surprise me that Thailand has vineyards. However, the idea of touring by elephant is one that gave me pause. I have always loved elephants, but for the past few years, have been following a rescue sanctuary in Tennessee that tries to provide retired elephants with the environment they require. Web site: (elephants.com).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.