Skip to main content

Secret Garden


There was no other reason why I tried Secret Garden. The name. I first noticed it in a Central World directory; forgot it, remembered it, forgot it again until last week in Siam Paragon while waiting for doors to open for the Twilight premiere. I'm not sure if this is a branch of the one in Sathon that everyone is talking about. As it appeared right in front of me while I wandered, and because I promised myself I would try the place, I got in. I was imagining a garden setting and a secret door.


Ahhh... too much novel reading. I sorted my order: pomegranate iced tea (which was too sour for my taste), and warm chocolate with vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce, which I loved.


Coconut milk was evident in the warm chocolate cake. At least that's what I thought and I did enjoy it.


The only thing I didn't quite like were the backless chairs. I had to be seated in one as the couches were for four persons or more. Next time I will invite some friends to try the signature restaurant in Sathorn with me. I heard the decoration style is reminiscent of a lovely English tea room.

Comments

  1. Looks like a nice place. There's a teahouse in Vancouver with the same name!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a mixed bag. always interesting to finding a new place

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very special place to have some lovely desserts. I wouldn't care for a backless chair either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see what you're saying about the backless chairs - no opportunity to get comfortablly lean back! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, man! that warm chocolate sounds super-tempting right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like backless chairs either, but I would sit on one for chocolate cake and ice cream!
    Have a great day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a neat place though backless chairs is indeed uncomfortable. They should upgrade on that part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look like a fun place. the desserts look good. it would be cool to bring a novel along, and nibble on your dessert while reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The backless chairs do compromise the comfort level of that place. But the food looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet place to relax and read books...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calling by from the ABC Wednesday photo meme, you will never guess where I posted about on my travel Tales blog today, Siam Paragon! What a coincidence and you are a book blogger as well, off to add you to my blogroll straight away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the look of it, I can taste sweetness and yumminess. The plating is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very interesting name, the goodies looks yum!

    Hooray, I finally get my PC back so I am playing catch up with all of the S entries this week.

    SketcheS, please come and see.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.