Skip to main content

Main course


For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey....

A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation:

1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek)
2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese)
3. Braised halibut provencal (French)
4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian)
5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican)
6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian)
7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English)
8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese)
9. Somboon crab curry (Thai)
10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American)
11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African)
12. Bulalo (Filipino)
13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish)

Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach.

Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen. Click here for more lists.

Comments

  1. You've got me salivating.

    My list is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds good. Wish I was coming to dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, come on over :)

    Divaa, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There should be a warning not tro read your post while hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take an order of #2, to go please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovesmukiwa, :D

    Harriet, and it must be a lovely pink too :)

    Kristen, here you are... .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. jill, yeah and they make me want to run to some restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea for a post! So very diverse, those menu ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sherilee, it's what probably happens when people go international :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to join YOU for dinner. Wow. What a menu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I'll be delighted to have you join me for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad I have a full tummy lol
    Great list. Happy Belated T13!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.