Skip to main content

CJ's convention and CaCoy's colors



My moment as a mom this week was to enlist CJ in a Children's Convention on May 3-5. He is going with Grandma. I gladly anticipate results.

As an auntie I recall a happy dining moment with nephew CaCoy.  We - cousins, spouses and kids lazed an entire week away in Huahin, the Thai royal family's summer home. One of those evenings we had dinner in the night market opposite the beach.

I marvel at CaCoy's changing colors.  With a half Spanish paternal Grandma I swear he was pale pink as a baby. With football in school his ecru skin slowly vanished. Then he went chasing coconut bugs in the glare of the tropical sun. That was the final straw. He turned midnight black without further ado.

Comments

  1. Hi skin color compliments his handsome face though. Goodluck on CJ's event sis. Came from Mommy Moments. Thanks also for linking up to color connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that there are programs such as convention for kids. Happiness indeed!

    Mine is up here: http://athomeakodito.blogspot.com/2012/04/munting-pangarap-ni-ningning.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot!

    Visiting for CC- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.harpsterschronicle.com/2012/04/kindergarten-here-i-come.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A convention for kids is a good training ground for the boy,Cj. I hope and challenge the organizer my friend Pastor Englis to have more on this conventions to train, use and utilize these kids in the ministry. To Hazel, congratulations for a job well done. "Train up a child in the way that He should go, and when he is old, he will never depart from it."-Proverbs 22:6. Nice pic and color combination.. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a healthy color, zel. I admire colors like that. I wish I have color like that..so neutral when going anywhere in the world. ^^ If i end up with someone like that it will turn out gatas and kape. I wonder what would be our kid like. hahaha

    dropping in from happeeneeesss is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Good luck on your little one's forthcoming activity. Pretty sure he'll be having loads of fun. Visiting from happiness is....

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds an interesting event to go to! hope my kids will be able to join conventions intended for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great bonding and delish foods :-) Dropping by from CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. my kid is also sporting a very dark complexion this summer...blame it on the heat, the swimming galore and the mom that always wants to bring the family to the pool, LOL!

    visiting late from happiness is...
    hope you can take a peek at my happiness too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kids are so eager and learn easily with their surroundings :-) that is so cute of your son
    :-) Dropping by from last weeks Happiness Is

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.