Skip to main content

Terminal 21

Terminal 21 is just another (nine-storey) shopping place in Bangkok. But you will be walking inside feeling like you are traveling. The mall is designed to look like an airport -It opened last year while the nation was dealing with the flood crisis.  Life does go on.  The world goes on. And it's right under one roof for Bangkokians and visitors -

I was here for the first time yesterday, but only to have brunch in Mexico opposite the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, not far from the city's municipal railway -

There are more spots to see. Or I could get lost in a maze of shops in Tokyo.

 ABC Wednesday

Comments

  1. developers don't run out of ideas to make people spend their time and money at the malls. so this is like around the world in 3 hours.:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea for a store to look like a terminal. Carver, ABC-Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a place I hang out, malls, but looks nice.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the first comment, Ms. Burrito was bloghopping a while ago for Ruby Tuesday wahhh..

    Wish I could visit Thailand someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice place to shop around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another spot to see more of the world without leaving the comforts of home. how neat it is to have a theme park- like atmosphere in a shopping complex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a terrific place to shop and I'd probably get losT There! lol

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colourful and interesting mall that I enjoyed seeing through your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, quite a place. Good "T".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Terminal 21, the developer Anant Asavabhokhin did a really great job! While most new shopping malls are just another copy of the same thing in a different location (see the Central Rama IX shopping complex that opened after Terminal21 in Bangkok), this one gives a really unique shopping experience and many of the stores offer great value.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.