Skip to main content

Old ladies

Wrinkly and rusty, how she must have been paraded around by World War II officers during the day!

 

This is a display inside Jeath War Museum. Further down the tour, here's Old Miss Thin and Saggy. She must be given credit for hanging in there all these years.


Thanks to our hosts:

Comments

  1. Creative photos for OWT ~ love the visuals and captions ~ thanks ~

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old rusty car is fantastic! I think I'll skip a walk across the bridge. Great finds! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view of the Jeep is interesting and the bridge I will stay away from. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truck is very neat. And credit to the bridge, but I'd leave her to her own demise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, fun! Don't think I'd be walking across that bridge . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent entry for Rubbish Tuesday....excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are GREAT rubbish finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bridge is delightful! Is it really called Old Miss Thin and Saggy, or did you just make that up?

    Red Buildings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots. That's a cool truck and I like the old bridge (to look at not cross over).

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true - credit to the bridge for hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bridge doesn´t look very trustworthy! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.