Skip to main content

Plans and Guesses

MUSICAL MONDAY: Ever Since the World Began - Survivor
(Please scroll down a bit for Monday Mayhem)

Survivor sings about destiny, a huge puzzle, some big plan. Whatever my destiny is, I'm sure I'm not finished with myself yet. Or if some supernatural power is shaping my course, it is up to me how will I react to the game. I do think I have some say on the remote control. Aside from having no serious question on other claims in this song, there is one line in it that moves me today - "we try and go as far as we can."

It is a subtle reflection of what a friend and I have been planning over the holidays. Last night she researched and left her findings on my chat window. I gathered a few documents to produce a tool that will help polish the plan. This year, this start of a new decade, I'm going as far as I can. Here's wishing all of us inspiration to pursue things that make us and others happy.


Diane hosts~ head over to Good Mourning, Glory! for more music or to join ~

************************************

MONDAY MAYHEM: What is it and what do you do with it?
(Please scroll up a bit for Musical Monday)

My guesses:
1. Some liquid in a glass; I see a straw. Drink it if thirsty; if it's not poison

2. The head looks like Fido Dido; the whole thing reminds me of 3rd grade art. You splatter ink on paper and figure out what you have formed. 3. Well-done bun or fried chicken. Eat it.

4. It's a muffin underneath. Lift the cover to find out if it's muffin or a door knob.

5. A candle. Light it. The background looks like my mother's curtain. I'd use it to wrap the antique urn Grandpa gave me.

6. Knock, knock.... Is anyone there?

7. Jungle thorn. Don't step on it.
8. A woman walking towards the light. I'd keep healthy and fit like her.
Harriet hosts~ Head over to the Mayhem site for more or to join ~

Comments

  1. I love your Musical Monday. How inspiring is this. I wish you all the luck my dear sweet friend in accomplishing all that you can :) How magnificent this is :) Love it.

    Monday Mayhem - I love all your guesses...Ya have two fives ya know...LOL. I love your 3. Have a fantastic week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good lyrics...even tho "eye of the tiger" is struggling for room in my brain now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I had ever heard anything else but Eye of the Tiger... Great song, I've always liked that voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Thom. no. 3? ahahahah... you're telling I'm not fond of eating lol!

    Hi Coopernicus, Eye of the Tiger is just cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great song I remember listening to alot of songs like that as a teen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jedediah, I'm like that with other bands

    shopannies, I listened to them then and now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with everything! Great choice for you. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your Mayhem Monday entry

    ReplyDelete
  9. i liked your inspirational Musical Monday! great answers for Monday Mayhem too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only knew Survivor for Eye of the Tiger. Nice to know they did other things! Thanks for sharing such a sweet song.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL..my dear sweet Hazel..look at the numbers by your answers...that's what I'm talking about LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inspirational putting it in my faves. Kind of sounds like Journey.
    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your Manic Monday answers and Music Monday. I had no idea that there were more than two Survivor songs. The only ones I knew were Eye of the Tiger and The Search is Over.

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very weird song for me ....... LOL
    Not my choice :(
    I'm honest !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful answers to Monday Mayhem.IT is fun to read what others think. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had some creative answers there for Monday Mayhem. Jungle Thorn? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Karen, Melissa and Diane.

    Run, there was a time I knew Survivor only for The Search is Over lol!

    Thom, isn't it 5? lol! I do that all the time. I never would have seen it right away if you didn't notice it and tell me. Thanks. I will fix that in a moment.

    moorebloglife, yeah in some of their songs they do

    kalea_kane, thanks

    Anya, no problem if it's not your choice. It's mine :)

    Harriet, thanks

    Shy, ay da... gi English ra gud nako ang tunok sa lasang nyahahaha!

    Melissa, thanks. Glad you find jungle thorn funny :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.