Skip to main content

The Herb Wagon

Whilst strolling the grounds of St Mary' s church in Scarborough, I was humming "parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme..." All I saw though was Anne Bronte's grave in the shadow of Scarborough Castle. Of course Scarborough Fair ended in 1788. Showing up in 2006 was rather late. I didn't get the T-shirt but I got the mug from which I sipped coffee yesterday in the faculty lounge. With Sherri Buck Baldwin's lovely painting on it, moccona has never tasted better.


Either you are like me - curious at what's on a painting or fond of herbs for whatever purpose, 'tis sweet of the manufacturer to have contents of the Herb Wagon written in gothic-like font around the mug: (I collect mugs)

1. Lavender, Angelica
2. Lemon Verbena, Ginger Mint
3. Tarragon, Bee Balm
4. Fennel, Lovage
5. Meadowsweet, Chervil
6. Star Anise, Artemisa
7. Marjoram, Chicory
8. Oregano, Sage, Thyme
9. Dill, Saffron, Bay Leaf
10. Sweet Basil, Coriander, Cilantro
11. Parsley, Chives, Garlic
12. Savory, Sweet Cicely, Rosemary
13. Yarrow, Catmint, Sweet Woodruff


Any favorite?

header by Samulli

Comments

  1. It's been a while since I last participated to this meme hehehe, wala ng time ang lola. Kumusta ka dyan lovely lady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect mugs, too...love the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a matching game. A goes with 1 and B with 7...

    My TT is at http://www.AliceAudrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of 1/2 of those LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oi sis, ako rin halos wala na. blog ako hating gabi or madaling araw when my alaga is snoring :)

    Janet, nice to know another mug collector. I love lavender too

    Alice, that rather adds 'cheeriness' to my list :)

    Thom, neither have I. All the while I thought Angelica was a girl's name, and now it's an herb...? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use a lot of spices in our meals and most of those in your list have been used in them. Fresh cilantro is one of my favorites. What a pretty picture for the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmmmm, dill weed. I love the aroma. And it brings back fond memories of my youth when my mother would slave over a hot stove, canning dill pickles.

    My Thursday 13 is posted: HERE [scroll below my Thursday Thunks to view if you decide to pay me a visit! I'd love your company!!]

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. I'm a tea drinker too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I breathe lavender oil to calm my emotions and to help me sleep. It works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list of herbs. Some of my favorites were mentioned.

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/is-there-anything-growing-in-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started to collect mugs, then realized I wasn't using them and all they were doing was collecting dust, so... no more mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting meme
    funny to read :-)

    Enjoy your day
    (@^.^@)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.