Skip to main content

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs
Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing

The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering?

The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street.


Then Mr Savior-of-the-Monarchy (according to wife Cherie on Queen) Tony Blair was the resident this armed guy was ready to rock for. I reckon this security is not Barney's play pretend. Now on to the only begotten egg left in my fridge. I fried it for Cj and me while writing this post and now we have to endure burnt egg white. I've run out of sugar as well. But not to worry I'll conjure fructose into my coffee. My wok magicked the yolk into staying soft. It won't be an entirely bitter breakfast after all. Happy Sunday, friends!


Ebie and Arlene host

Click here for more memoirs

****************************

Sunday Stealing: The Pretentious Blogging Meme
Please scroll up for Our Weekend Memoirs

Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Little Bark from the blog The Tree Unleashed. She explains that she found it over at The Tree of Life. It appears it originated on that blog. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. How long have you been blogging? a year tomorrow

2. What made you start? it's more affordable, more therapeutic than other hobbies; and I can do it sitting on a 125-baht chair; or if I were pretending: a pathological need for attention. Rita Skeeter said that. Real neurotics will never own up to their 'eyes swimming with the ghost of their past'

3. Who inspired you? other bloggers

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? at first about 3-4 hours a day. multiply that by 7 and that's how addicted I was. But like common observation blogging is therapeutic so the product you have on your mathematical mind has been lessened as the days wore on

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing? those composition attempts in 4th grade

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? I look no further than the memes

7. What or who inspires you and your blog? the discovery that some bloggers are more neurotic than I am. Actually I thought of saying me, myself and I but I'm not sure how JK Rowling would take repeat quoting offenders

8. Where and/or how do [sic] your brainstorming for your blog? I brainstorm in my daydreams

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? that I try to learn something from what I read

10. Is there anything you will not blog about? none if I got no other life to bother myself about

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? I publish according to my bio-rhythm


Bud hosts

Click here to read more steals

Comments

  1. Happy Blogoversary in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been blogging a year [tomorrow]?.......happy 'blog-a-versary' then!!

    Mine's finished and posted now if you'd like read my answers. Just come on over by clicking HERE

    Hope your weekend so far, has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for tomorrow
    One year blogging yeahhhhhhhh....
    :-)

    Go for the next year !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your one year!


    Have a great week.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/cheers-to-all-of-us-thieves.html

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your one year of creative writing!

    I have a laugh, on the guy who wears the pants in the house and yet gets to iron them himself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dieting on Eggs? Hmmmm

    Congrats for turning your blog a year older!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

Dyslexics and Developmental Pediatricians

Let me begin with an observation on the latter.  Developmental pediatricians in the Philippines are a rare breed. Or that's what I noticed. From society and organization websites, to forums, to word-of-mouth, to my own experience, they seem to be outnumbered by people who need their expertise. A parent of a child with developmental delays has to wait weeks or months to see one developmental pediatrician. Only thirty are listed on the Philippine Society of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Twenty-five in one Filipino autism blog, and that is not purely DevPeds. A child psychologist, child psychiatrist, and pediatric neurologist are mixed in the list, although they certainly are a big help too. At my son's speech therapy and psychology center I hear the same account from other parents - securing a time slot with a DevPed is hard. They are all fully booked throughout what could turn into a year. You may be lucky if someone withdraws but that rarely happens. I'm playing

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit. My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here ; and here's the trailer: Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies. ************ My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are: 1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts. 2. One of my favorite colors is purple. 3. I don't mind spending su