Skip to main content

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor

Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit.





My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here; and here's the trailer:



Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies.



************



My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are:



1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts.

2. One of my favorite colors is purple.

3. I don't mind spending sunrise or sunset in book and antique stores.

4. Nowadays I dine out more than I dine in, and I'm enjoying it because I'm lazy with dirty dishes.

5. I consider a year not very exciting if I didn't get my butt on a jet.

6. My favorite female author is Jane Austen.

7. I think helicopter pilots and nuclear engineers are sexy.



The following awards are also passed on to me by Thom:





Thank you very much Thom and Tetcha for these awards. It is so thoughtful and sweet of you. Now I'm passing these awards to:



Rossel of Topics on Earth
Nuts of Embrace Life
Shydub of Worth's Road


*************

And now we play a game/meme called Association. I want to thank Author Alice Audrey for inviting me to join this meme.



Here are the rules:

1. Anyone can play, whether they have been tagged or not.

2. Include the rules and logo in your post.

3. Copy out all the responses that were made before you.

4. Link to each of the people who responded before you.

5. Put in your response. Your response can be as little as a single word or as much as 100 words. It can be a word, a phrase, an image, a song, a video, a story, or a short rant.

6. Tag anyone you would like to challenge to play this game. You do not have to tag anyone.

7. You can do this any time you run across it, even if you were one of the previous responders.

Alice said: Excitement

Hootin Anni said: Thrill!

My association for thrill would be: Suspense

I challenge: Thom. Anyone who comes across this meme/game, play along if you have time. It's fun :)

Alice hosts Association Meme.



Comments

  1. Congrats on the awards and those you passed them on to :) I liked that trailer. It might be a movie I would enjoy :) A good humorous movie :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Thom, and try watching Made of Honor. It's hilarious!

    Alice, I like this game and I enjoyed playing it today. I just wish I had more time to keep playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rossel, maybe because the tone is generally lighter at weddings and it tends to breed laughter at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the award! :D

    and i liked made of honor too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks and congrats for the award.. will post this in my blog later... so sweet of you to tag me this..

    have not watched this film but i think this movie is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris and Nuts, I enjoyed your TCP entries as well as passing these awards to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awards and I am truly at awe since I don't know what I did to deserve them.

    Your movie pick is something I really enjoyed watching as well. Plus it stars Mcdreamy so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't? That's interesting *wink* Just normal stuff Mys, nothing too goosebumpy to not know that they come with blogging culture sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ConCATulations on all awards :-)
    I love your answers
    I wear also everyday jeans and my favorite color is purple too yeahhhh....
    (But its a trendy color here in Dutch and the most is purple ;)
    LOL

    Thanks to think on us !!!!!!!!

    You are lazy with dirty dishes :
    (buy a dishwasher :-)
    LOL

    ((hugs)) to all
    Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anya, congratulations to you! Maybe one day when I'm homebound for good I'll buy a dishwasher :-)

    Genejosh, yup. there's a little spin to the verb

    ReplyDelete
  11. i didn't have the chance to watch it, it sounds good, though..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for the award!
    Not too fond of this movie, but it had its moments. ;) I agree the location was lovely!
    Please see mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, I love this movie Im a fan of Mr mc dreamy hehehe.Mine is here

    btw, thanks fort he award i'll grab it later after bloghopping. So nice of you you to think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finish posting the awards Haze. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel
    Yes you can copy all you want :))))

    Kareltje is tooooo FAT
    I know and he is on diet
    but it works not hahahaha....

    tje is typical Dutch
    it means little
    I call him also Karel because he is fat hahahahaha....

    Thanks again for all awards :)))

    Have a nice day :)

    (I have sunday birthday
    I receive a new number the 5
    hellllllppppppp
    I don't like that :((((((
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss this challenge. Will be up on Saturday. Thank you my friend :) I'm so sorry I didn't see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi hazel, thanks for passing on the awards to me. appreciate them! will post them in a while.

    that's interesting... a male for a maid of honor. hmmm.. watching the trailer made me realize that i already saw this movie. i can't forget patrick dempsey here.. a really funny movie which i enjoyed immensely. reminds me of my bestfriend. :D

    thanks for joining us this week too. next week, we will feature Spies & COnspiracy movies. till then, take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

October charm

It's weekend! Time to share joys and faves: i . How I love autumn! I had so much fun putting together autumn scenes and quotes despite never actually having seen the season for real. ii . Check out my ABC chocolate - a gift from a girl friend on my birthday. It's too pretty to eat, which is good so then I avoid too much sugar. iii . Would you believe I got the ceramic plate for only 32 cents ? I imagine it would look fab with a slice of Black Forest or Red Velvet on it. Blue Monday iv . And here's Agalico - a quiet English tea room not far from where I live. It was wonderful savoring the charm while waiting for someone who joined me for tea. Weekend Reflection   v. As a fan of Japanese cuisine, I explore restaurants from time to time. It's Honmoni Sushi this week where I tried their saba in teriyake sauce . The set includes miso soup, vegetable salad, egg and tofu, and pickled zucchini. Delicious. Linking to - Fave Five , Pic