Skip to main content

Smells green

Children. Don't they amuse or annoy and even confuse when they are cheeky? When they call a white object blue and accompany that declaration with a cute smirk - at least I, as a PDD mom find my mind in a pirouette over a little cheekiness from my boy.


Grandma chats with a neighbor. The chat goes on for awhile and CJ plays precocious: "Shut up!" hands on ears and pretending to be distressed, "I'm going to sleep. Everyone, quiet!"

A friend's son, Daniel (the chubby chinoy on his mom's lap) behaves like CJ in some ways. While the rest of the family gathered around the TV for a pinoy movie to conclude our dinner, Daniel and I sat on the bed where he nailed one delightful observation:

Daniel: Auntie, what is that?

Me: (examining the bottle) A liniment. What color is it, Daniel?

Daniel: Green.

Me: (muttering to myself) Thank goodness I don't have to smell like a quack doctor's patient with this product. (then back from my private thoughts) Come Daniel, here, lovely winter mint.

Daniel: (in perfect accent and perfectly imperfect grammar) It smell green!

Immediately I was transported to market day in Cortona, to Francis writing on a postcard, "it even smells purple." Remember Under the Tuscan Sun?  This was obviously a coincidence of color perception but let me just hurray how kids can be marvelous.


Especially when they're not fighting like cats and dogs as these siblings used to when they were little. Look at them now - so peaceful :D. They're going to kill me if they discover I'm blogging about them but they are too busy to read their old aunt's drama so I should be safe for now. That's the niece in a previous post, the one I gifted with a pair of silver heels for her graduation. I heard they were too big so she stuffed tissue paper in them. What grief those shoes must have caused her toes, poor baby.


These two flew in from Cebu last week. We celebrated Songkran (Thai New Year) together which was loads of fun. I'll probably blog about that later. Meanwhile, what a diversion tweaking these photos on Photobucket or I probably just had too much time. But surely, happiness is when you don't have to celebrate a major holiday alone.

Comments

  1. Celebrating holidays with the people you love is happiness indeed! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are fun to have and sometimes we don't watch our words that they catch it easily. Both of my kids are like that in a funny way. They always follow their Daddies :-) I love the playing of the colors of the pictures Sis, that is so cool....Dropping by from Happiness Is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha it smell green! Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.. celebrating holidays is more fun with our love ones ^.^

    http://www.dickvincedorry.blogspot.com/2012/04/vinces-first-day-of-school.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. ain't they funny and cute when they say the most awesome things? kids are so cute when they imitate adults especially in their way of speaking. by the way, love the photos. I'm also loving Photobucket more and more. :) visiting for MM. would really love to have your opinion on my post. thanks, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids can definitely surprise you and can crack you up. It is always great to spend time with the family. Visiting late via Happiness Is.

    http://chetopianfamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-know-i-wore-it-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family is always the best and holidays gets more meaningful of they are around:)

    Visiting for Happiness- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/2012/04/watching-football.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. being with people we love brings joy :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit. My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here ; and here's the trailer: Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies. ************ My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are: 1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts. 2. One of my favorite colors is purple. 3. I don't mind spending su

October charm

It's weekend! Time to share joys and faves: i . How I love autumn! I had so much fun putting together autumn scenes and quotes despite never actually having seen the season for real. ii . Check out my ABC chocolate - a gift from a girl friend on my birthday. It's too pretty to eat, which is good so then I avoid too much sugar. iii . Would you believe I got the ceramic plate for only 32 cents ? I imagine it would look fab with a slice of Black Forest or Red Velvet on it. Blue Monday iv . And here's Agalico - a quiet English tea room not far from where I live. It was wonderful savoring the charm while waiting for someone who joined me for tea. Weekend Reflection   v. As a fan of Japanese cuisine, I explore restaurants from time to time. It's Honmoni Sushi this week where I tried their saba in teriyake sauce . The set includes miso soup, vegetable salad, egg and tofu, and pickled zucchini. Delicious. Linking to - Fave Five , Pic