Skip to main content

The Red Temple

Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir

Popularly known as Lal Mandir or Red Temple, and originally built in 1656, it is the 'oldest and best-known Jain temple in Delhi, India.'

Too hot that day, I only stayed a few minutes to take a couple of photos and ran back to the car. But then I did not need too long to be impressed by such structure. I loved the moment I took in the sight.


Sharing with - Rubbish Tuesday / Our World / Ruby Tuesday 

Comments

  1. I've never seen anything like this WOW! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful and creative shot of a beautiful Delhi building!

    Happy Week to you!
    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How beautiful! The architecture is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It surely is a wonderful building.

    Diana
    http://adifferentlenslens365.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/a-paperweight.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on the architecture and the color. Amazing building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful building. So sorry you had to run for cooler temps in the car but you did a great job photographing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of a picturesque place. I'm glad I found your blog today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Temples are appealing. Lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome structure. I've never seen that design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the kind of places i dream about . . It makes my heart so happy to know you are actually there, taking the photos . . and sharing with me . . what a great world this is. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Those charming moments

Skywatch : city is far behind and I'm loving it! Reflections : serenade I buy books just because.... My not-so-old hat from the antiques section of a weekend market  A little yummy error Maybe I had more of those charming moments this week than the other weeks. I'm thankful. Swiss sheep farm . Anything that takes me out of sight of urbanization, rising concrete (condos) and drab parking spaces - I'm in. What a treat for the country girl in me! Somewhere out there   beneath the pale moonlight... . It's not everyday you get serenaded. I appreciated it. A lot. The Heart Garden, Eating People is Wrong , etc: my loot from Neilson Hays book sale. Knockoff prices, old plus beautiful library architecture - just my kind of awesome. Antiques therapy . My apartment is bursting I could hardly navigate the floor without my feet touching things so I didn't buy a truckload this week. Just the one hat. Thanks to the shining sun I had an ...

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would...

Walking by

Skywatch : west side of Taj Mahal Sally's Blues /  Reflections : by the blue lotus pond Fave Five: Living to  Tell the Story   /   Shine the Divine October has been very eventful. Stress and joys, adventures and challenges, you name it. It's wonderful to have the chance to express gratefulness for making it through this final week of a beautiful month. i. Surviving a task at work on finance/statistics: not my expertise but I did it. ii. Another world landmark off the bucket list. Taj Mahal is quite a love monument. iii. Angel friends : geographically distant (Canada) but willing to stick it out in their iphones the whole night to give emotional support. iv.  Kiddo in church with minimal adult supervision. The singing ministry does him good.   v. Mom's back at home after fighting off inflammation of the lungs and heart successfully. Now I can breathe.